The origin of Ayurveda dates back to 5000 years ago. Vedic texts detail about this supreme healing system.
This ancient wisdom is the mother of all healing therapies in the world. Ayurveda is the way of life which aims at enhancing the overall quality of life. This medical system is unique and supreme due to its principles, combination of treatments, medications and lifestyle practices.
Basic Principles of Ayurveda
The core principle of ayurveda revolves around the unique components of the human body, called Tridoshas.
- Every individual is a constitution of five elements and three dosha
- Five elements include fire, earth, air, water and ether
- Three dosha include Vata, Pitta and Kapha
- Ayurveda sees every human as individual constitution, unique from one other.
- Body, mind, and soul are interconnected to one another.
- Any imbalance in physical aspect, emotional downpour or psychosomatic imbalance leads to diseases.
- Disease is an outcome of imbalanced energy caused due to domination of one or more dosha.
- Diet and lifestyle according to the nature as well as the self-requirement keeps you hale and healthy.
- Ayurveda details about the seasonal and daily routines for every season, called RituCharya and DinaCharya respectively.
Ayurvedic Diagnosis – A Critical Part of Ayurvedic Therapy
Diagnosis makes a core part of ayurvedic therapy. It is crucial to understand the crux of the disease and recommend the treatment accordingly. As such, without proper diagnosis it is impossible to provide appropriate treatment.
A Comprehensive Approach
There is no single-treatment window or similar treatments in Ayurveda. Treatment or therapies are customized for every individual based on the requirements. Lifestyle, health conditions (physical and emotional health), doshic level, etc are analyzed before commencing a treatment. Two individuals who suffer from similar disease or carry similar characteristics may have varying level of impact, different causes and different symptoms.
The holistic approach includes diagnosis, therapy, medication, diet recommendations, lifestyle changes and last but not the least most importantly – better understanding about self.
Wholistic Perspective of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is a complex medical system. You cannot find any treatment in Ayurveda that aims at reducing the symptoms. Yes, the concept and foundation of this therapy is holistic. Holistic medicine means it eliminates the cause of the disease and restores your health. Also, the basic concept of ayurveda makes it ‘Wholistic’ which aids at maintaining the equilibrium and harmony in your body, mind and soul!
Health ailments may root from unhealthy or irrelevant food choices, sedentary lifestyle, poor health habits, hereditary, emotional imbalance, negativity and many more. The healing perception aims at knowing the self better. It reveals the deeper causes of the diseases and likely contributors. When the insight is thrown directly into the root of any problem, it is easy to find the right solution to the ailment.
Since imbalance is the root cause of all ailments, even the chronic ailments get a complete cure. Ayurveda not only addresses the root cause to curb down the ailment but also enhance the whole health physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Get a comprehensive health and lifestyle solutions, from Ayurways, Spotswood, Melbourne.